Now we have >=5 means to compile ClojureScript

Surprised we have so many solution:

targeting different groups of users?

sorry I can only post 2 links…

3 Likes

@jiyinyiyong I increased your “trust level”, I think you should be able to post more links now. I also fixed the links in your post.

Thanks for sharing. I’ve been meaning to check out shadow-cljs, and I didn’t even know about cljs/tool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks~

I watched the author on GitHub and happened to know his cljs/tool is in active development. Not sure about details though. My projects are mostly using shadow-cljs at current.

And now you can just use tools.deps. I think the standalone build scripts as described in the ClojureScript Quick Start might start gaining in popularity now.

;; deps.edn
{:paths ["src"]
 :deps {org.clojure/clojure {:mvn/version "1.9.0-alpha17"}
        org.clojure/clojurescript {:mvn/version "1.9.946"}}}
;; build.clj
(require '[cljs.build.api :as cljs])

(cljs/build
 "src"
 {:main 'my-project.core
  :output-to "compiled.js"
  :output-dir "out"
  :optimizations :simple})

From the shell:

$ clj build.clj
2 Likes

Interesting. However using ClojureScript for long I don’t like to go out of my comfort zone and run Clojure with JVM. But it’s very nice for beginners to follow.

@plexus, can we have like a poll on this one? I’ve been using Boot and curious what market-share it has lately.
LE: also thanks @jiyinyiyong for sharing :sunglasses:

@tardygrade I’ve set up a poll here: Poll: How do you compile your ClojureScript?

You can do the same (I think), in the post editor there’s a “settings icon” (a little gear next to the emoji smily). Click that and choose “build poll”

Let me know if that isn’t there, I might need to bump your “trust level”.

2 Likes

found it now. thanks !