Creating custom figwheel-nrepl-with-middlewares toolchains?

Can I actually run nrepl with cider/cider-nrepl and cider/piggieback middlewares and repl (preferably with rebel-readline) (in the same command line) with figwheel.main with one command like clj -A:dev and then connect to it with Calva? (Like how Calva manages to “jack-in” to nrepl and even correctly fire up figwheel even though there’s no mention of figwheel in the command that it’s supposedly running)

I imagine I would make a special dev namespace with -main function (that runs everything) in “dev” folder (added to extra-paths in dev alias in deps.edn), but I see no obvious way to connect all the pieces (even just running nrepl with middlewares is troublesome – it just throws cryptic exceptions and refuses to start). Can it even be done?

I would really appreciate if someone would share a guide on how nrepl and middlewares work or how data would flow through such a toolchain.

Can I actually run nrepl with cider/cider-nrepl and cider/piggieback middlewares and repl

You might be able to do that with the nrepl.edn configuration file:

https://nrepl.org/nrepl/0.6.0/usage/server.html#_server_options

I would really appreciate if someone would share a guide on how nrepl and middlewares work or how data would flow through such a toolchain.

Coincidentally, nrepl.org is a nice resource for that as well :slight_smile:

So far it feels like the best approach is forking everything and making it compatible, composable and actually programmatically invokeable and runnable.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.