What are you working on this week? (15-21 April 2019)

Since it’s been a while since we’ve done one of these threads, let’s hear what people are up to!

Doing Clojure on the job, working on open source, exploring another hot new functional language, or getting the vegetable patch started again, what are you working on this week?

3 Likes

Rolling out a new feature to prod (the only Clojure so far in a larger Java codebase)

1 Like

Daytime: Mostly frontend coding using ClojureScript.

Nights: Removing issues blocking the release of some really important features for Calva.

4 Likes

Daytime: continuing the rewrite to Clojure of a legacy, internal-facing CFML app (we completed the years-long rewrite to Clojure of our large customer-facing CFML app earlier this year).

Nighttime: continuing design exploration and some coding for https://github.com/seancorfield/next-jdbc/

4 Likes

Opensource : Doing an event driven API noticator for various events.(github, and other custom via édn file) (learned clojure since 3weeks).notifications send via RocketChat only currently. Actually I was looking how to daemonize the app and I was researching a lightweight scheduler in clojure ecosystem. A part of the quartz, and at at, I was searching something more cron4j but I have found lot of custom and unmaintained libs so I picked up one old one and forked it (timely)

2 Likes

Opensource: JVM charting library https://github.com/generateme/cljplot and Clojure version of notebook from Think Stats 2e book: https://github.com/generateme/ThinkStats2/tree/master/thinkstats-clj/src/thinkstats_clj

4 Likes

Heart of Clojure: launching the ticket sale, following up with sponsors and speakers.

Client work: continuing work on the Datomic Driver for Metabase (funded by Eeleven), and address some issues in kaocha-cljs (funded by Nextjournal).

Coaching/mentoring: I have my recurring weekly coaching sessions with several folks at Nextjournal, mainly to talk over architectural decisions, help them with tooling, or do pair programming.

Community: making sure @victorb and @lispyclouds have everything they need for the migration of clojurians-log to our new cloud sponsor: Exoscale.

4 Likes

A restful api wrapper for unidata databases using luminus and uniobjects. The U2-rest server from Rocket is dog slow and annoying to configure. On top of that implemented a manual connection pool, because again, Rocket…

Ken

1 Like

Continuing to plug away at a property management application I am building using AWS Amplify + Shadow-CLJS. Definitely has some rough edges but overall I really like it.

2 Likes

Porting an internal standalone JavaScript library written in Clojurescript to plain JavaScript because the CLJS is too heavy. First pass: 816KB => 25KB :astonished:

Free time: learning Rust with the book Programming Rust. Wonderful book and very nice language.

1 Like

On my side project (with Clojurescript/React Native): Integrating in-app subscriptions and a sync service.

Trying to extract a few common libraries from several mid-sized web apps, which increasingly turns out to be not worth the effort whatsoever

1 Like

After working on a large civil engineering project for a while followed by some hammock time, I’ve come to think that civil engineering projects should have project-specific databases for exhanging vital data. I’ve seen people do (much) manual work that results from not being able to have a common domain model. Picture people with different responsibilities sending Excel sheets and JSON files around, some working with Python, most working with graphical interfaces.

So now I’m setting up Datomic Starter, and trying to make a decent proof of concept for future reference. If this happens to go well, further projects could be really exciting for us programatically inclined engineers working with disciplines other than software.

3 Likes

I just did this with apache common daemon for a windows server! What did you do?

1 Like

I’m evaluating ActiveMQ for a windows server, and connecting it from a clojure service using Apache Camel

1 Like

Refining a network-graph visualization for a research-project app that uses vanilla reagent with d3js.

1 Like

Plugging our re-frame static webapp to a decentralized protocol enabling token swaps on top of the Ethereum blockchain

2 Likes

I’m mucking around with progressive web apps and WebRTC. I have had a lot of good experience with Shadow-CLJS, both regarding SSL during development, which is necessary for WebRTC to work, as well as using various npm packages for image processing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.