Hyperfiddle/rcf – turn your Rich Comment Forms into tests

I agree that this sort of thing puts me off even trying a project. When Missionary was mentioned in another thread I went to the repo and saw this and thought “Oh, OK, it’s someone’s hobby project they’ve put up on GH as a proof of concept. Ignore.” but then @dustingetz talked about Photon (teased on Twitter) but that’s based heavily on Missionary which made me think “Oh, well, I won’t be relying on Photon for anything at work for a long time.”

I tried Missionary last night. It’s very interesting. But I’m not about to put anything into my production code with that big warning on it. And I’m someone who runs a lot of prerelease stuff in production!

I expect some level of changes during an “alpha”. I even expect a few small changes during a “beta”. But lots of “alpha” Clojure software is rock solid and doesn’t actually change – but it’s usually beyond “experimental” and “severe breaking changes” by that point.

3 Likes

Async tests are coming soon to RCF, the breakage is unfortunately necessary.

Need more arrows? Check out iota and testit.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.