I'm Colin Fleming, ask me anything!

You’re welcome! I’m glad it’s useful to you.

Sort of, Cursive does type inference in the editor for Java interop right now, so with enough information you can get useful information:

Now Cursive knows the types of things:

And these types can be used when completing. Here I’ve put the receiver first so that Cursive knows what I want to call interop on, and the completions only come from its type:

When I actually select a completion, Cursive will swap them around:

Even if you don’t swap things around for interop calls, the types are still useful. See here:

Here next() from Iterator is proposed as a completion, even if Iterator is not imported. This is because Cursive knows the local variables that are in scope, and will also add completions from their types even if they don’t appear in the code anywhere.

It’s possible, but I haven’t added it yet - I’ll get to it at some point.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks everyone! This has been great. Thanks to @plexus and everyone else here for hosting!

1 Like

Thank you for being with us today Colin! And thanks everyone for posting, we’ve had some really interesting questions.

For being the first event of this kind that we host here I’m very happy how it went. We’ll likely be back with another AMA in January. A very special guest has tentatively agreed to participate, I hope to make an announcement about that soon.

thankyou

4 Likes