Unable to resolve symbol: go in this context

I have created a new ClojureScript project using Chestnut and selected the option to include re-frame.

The instructions in the readme say:

Open a terminal and type lein repl to start a Clojure REPL (interactive prompt).

In the REPL, type

(go)
(cljs-repl)

But when I do this I get the error:

user=> (go)(cljs-repl)
Syntax error compiling at (REPL:1:1).
Unable to resolve symbol: go in this context

Syntax error compiling at (REPL:1:1).
Unable to resolve symbol: cljs-repl in this context

I’m using IntelliJ and Cursive. Many thanks.

Hello,

Where Cursive comes into the picture here is a bit unclear. So, let’s say that you have this session in a terminal:

$ lein repl
user=> (go)

Do you get that error message? I don’t. For me Figwheel starts and compiles stuff.

Thanks - in answer to your question - yes.

What directory are you in when you type (go)? The root of your chestnut project?

Yes you’re right , right now Cursive is not in the picture!

Hello again,

I recorded a video showing what I am doing. Maybe that clears things up faster. :smile:

I didn’t have time to edit it, so it is quite boring. It seems to take forever to load the REPL for some reason. No idea what that is about.

Thanks very much for the video @PEZ! I wish I could do that. My problem might be a bit more complicated. Every time I write lein repl I get the error REPL server launch timed out. I would close and open a new terminal window and the repl would run, but then (go) will not work.

What’s strange now is that I can’t even get the repl to run at all, just always, times out.

I’m following this thread: https://github.com/plexus/chestnut/issues/243

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.