Since the beginning of 2021, we’ve had a habit of a monthly thread where people could share their hopes for the emerging data science ecosystem. The place for those threads has been the Clojurians Zulip . We decided to move that to Clojureverse. There are many new friends getting involved , and it seems important to have this dialogue in a more visible place.
Through periodical updates, we may help each other catch up and think about the bigger picture, and the way our efforts may tie together. It’s also a good way for each of us to remind ourselves individually of what we have done, and what we would like to do in the near future.
It would be great if you all would consider the following questions and briefly mention your views towards them. Please skip anything that you find irrelevant. Keep in mind, these are only prompts to get you thinking.
- Are you working on anything related to the Clojure ecosystem for data science / scientific computing / data tooling / data engineering? Let us know about it.
- Have you been doing anything interesting in the last month?
- Is there any new realization or change in your hopes and beliefs about the ecosystem’s future?
- What are you hoping to create/learn/explore in the coming month? … and in the coming 3 months?
- What developments are you hoping to see in the ecosystem and community in the coming month? … and in the coming 3 months?
Also: if you are interested to see what you or others have written in the past few months here are some links to the previous threads:
Looking forward to hearing about what everyone has been up to and hopes to be up to!