A data science course for Clojurians -- are you interested?

Im very interesting in that. I started to do the same in Spanish but maybe will be better join efforts in English and later translate it to another languages

1 Like

@maxxcan sounds wonderful.
Or maybe we could do both in parallel?
Let us chat about it if you wish.

1 Like

An excellent idea. I’ve been trying to get into data science stuff for a long time but never managed to do it.
In my current job, this is becoming increasingly important and would be very interesting for me to be able to compare Clojure-based data science tools to more traditional Python stuff, etc.

1 Like

im interesting

1 Like

hi daniel!
i would like this very much!
i’ve already been using your and generateme’s work tablecloth for several things and was heading towards datascience eventually, so the timing is perfect!

I would love to join such a course.

I think a course where people can understand math for Data Science from its basic concepts, then implementing it in code, seeing it working on data in action will be a powerful curriculum.

Then people can be thought how to harness the power of GPU’s etc as a add-on.

May be advanced version of a DS course could teach about using Cloure with Spark, Kafka etc where students will get the idea / potential to solve problems involving TB’s of Data.

1 Like

I’m most definitely interested in learning!
I started a data science course a while back with Python but found it a bit of a struggle at the time as it mostly required using Linux which I wasn’t familiar with at the time.
Now I’ve been using Clojure with WSL for Linux on Windows so would be ready to have another go at it; this time in my preferred language :smiley:

1 Like

OK when and where do we talk?

1 Like

That would be great! I would love to learn data science and teach others data science and Clojure.

1 Like

Thanks, everybody, for the kind responses.

@maxxcan @kiramclean @mindaslab and anybody who wished to be involved:
We will organize a meeting to brainstorm the course plan, probably on the weekend of July 22-24.
If you have any preferred times, please write to me.

1 Like

@maxxcan @mindaslab and anybody,
would you like to meet on
Sunday, July 24th, 16:00 UTC
to brainstorm the course plan?

2 Likes

yes, interested.

1 Like

Sure. Let’s meet.

1 Like

perfect for me

2 Likes

Yes, I’m very interested in data science using Clojure

1 Like

Very interesting.
If the NLP space is included, then for me it’s a no-brainer!
With NLP comes aspects of AI - from symbolic to numeric and beyond.

1 Like

@maxxcan @mindaslab and anybody who wished to be involved – here is the initial brainstorming event:
https://clojureverse.org/t/ds4clj-course-initial-brainstorming/

1 Like

Also see the course page with tentative details: ds4clj: a data science course for Clojure devs - Scicloj

1 Like

Exact same boat and travel :slight_smile: Would love to explore both together

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.