Advent of Code Live Stream

I’m live streaming my solutions to Advent of Code this year. The start time of the stream varies depending on when I got up and how much time I took for breakfast, but usually it’s within an hour or two after the puzzle unlocks. I always announce when I start streaming on the #lambdaisland channel on Clojurians, and on the Lambda Island Twitter account.

After the stream I upload the recording, so those are available for posterity. You can find them all in this playlist. My solutions or in this repo.

I’m using Emacs with CIDER and vim-style bindings, seems some people are also curious to see how that works in practice.

Not sure I’ll make it to the end, but so far so good :slight_smile:

I’m starting to get a bit more interaction on the live chat, and on the comments on the videos, which is really gratifying. So… do come say hi!

9 Likes

I’m done streaming Advent of Code for now, I made it to day 14, but after not being able to complete part 2 on stream for two days in a row, and streams starting to go over the hour mark I think it’s time to call it quits. I’m considering doing one more stream before the holidays, something fun and interactive. I’ll keep you all posted. The videos and code for days 1 to 14 can still be found at the links above.

5 Likes

Day 14 was pretty tough… Kudos for making it this far with the live streams, I don’t think I’d be brave enough to do this stuff on camera :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.