Are you using clojure.core extensions?

I recently wrote a blog post about clojure.core extensions. However, I’m curious how do you deal with this? Are you using only what’s available in clojure-*.jar? Or are you using existing libraries? Which ones? Do you write your own extensions? Or just use *-util namespaces?

1 Like

I agree about writing your own extensions instead of using another lib. Not that I’ve ever actually done the latter… it’s just easy enough to roll your own I guess. I always add a *.util namespace to my projects. If it feels appropriate I occasionally move the functions into a separate lib (here and here).

2 Likes

To be fair to the libraries. They are actually very good. Some even implemented transducers and are compatible with ClojureScript. Same with cuerdas which is really expansive. But I never really needed that and as you said. It’s really easy to add what the project needs.

There is also naming (the always hard thing). I think medley’s update-existing is a better name than what I concocted. I guess getting inspired is a good thing. As they say: “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.