Location - Remote
Rate - $70/hr on Contract W2
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science
· Master’s degree in clinical informatics or computer science preferred
· Experience in clinical informatics, clinical knowledge development or clinical knowledge testing
· Experience with the application of clinical informatics, including definition and implementation of clinical data models;
· Experience with clinical decision support or quality measurement in electronic medical records or population health platforms
·Experience programming in Python
· Translate qualitative clinical guidelines, logic, and required data input into executable knowledge artifacts represented as CQL expressions against FHIR data.
· Build and execute unit test cases to validate knowledge artifacts
· Develop and test computable knowledge artifacts with large data sets
· Manage and track the progress of computable knowledge artifacts through a predefined development process.
· Respond to ad-hoc analysis requests while supporting core pipeline development.
· Develop new tools and solutions to support artifact development and testing processes
· Drive the team’s business results through data-based insights and the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
· Identify inefficiencies, optimize processes and dataflows, and make recommendations for improvements.
· Willingness to learn other programming languages, including Clinical Quality Language and Clojure
Specific Skills and Knowledge
• Demonstrated performance in framing ambiguous business problems and driving toward a solution hypothesis, while working independently to resolve issues.
• Meticulous with strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated experience in proactive communication across all levels of the business hierarchy
• Expertise in dealing with large datasets using analytical approaches and quantitative methods
· Demonstrated expertise in the CQL programming language for complex clinical analysis
· Demonstrated fluency on FHIR data modeling and the use of FHIR profiles with claims and clinical data
· Demonstrated aptitude for learning learn new software languages and producing high-quality code quickly
• Strong creative problem-solving skills
• Clear written and oral communication skills
• Effective presentation skills
• Ability to effectively plan and orchestrate work across multiple products
• Ability to model compliance with company policies and procedures
• Ability to support company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Ability to thrive in a high-accountability, quality-focused, and deadline-oriented organization
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who thrives on challenges, works to exacting standards, and is resourceful in an environment that encourages initiative and creativity