Clojure formatting with cljstyle

Hi! Once I found an interesting discussion about Clojure formatters. I think the idea of universal Clojure formatting is really useful. In the post, I described a way to get it with minimal effort right now using cljstyle tool while separated formatter doesn’t exist. Also, the post shows few practical aspects of adding auto-formatting to a project in general.

6 Likes

cljfmt is really great I used to use it a lot, but it doesn’t have a supported binary.

I didn’t try it, but it should be possible to create binary using native-image since this pr: Native image by bsless · Pull Request #186 · weavejester/cljfmt · GitHub was merged.

1 Like

@nenadalm Yes you are right, I even found a couple of that attempts on gitlab. But the keyword here is supported. I even thought to build one but eventually found cljstyle. Also I noticed that cljstyle has a couple of features I really like, for instance: forcing to keep any amount of blank lines between forms; ability to force splitting defn definitions by lines. So I decided that it is the ready and good alternative.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.