Clojurescript chat room using websockets, and core.async

Hey all - This is my first public Clojurescript project. I would appreciate any and all feedback :slight_smile:

I made this project mostly to learn how to use core.async.

1 Like

I got one also with ClojureScript:

Looks good. Might consider using namespaced keywords to clarify the meaning of keys on some data structures. Might also consider using spec if you want to enforce some kind of schema for your messages.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

How would you suggest going about using namespaced keys? Right now I only have two namespaces - I guess I would have to refactor the application into more namespaces?

Hi Brian, Iโ€™m learning Clojure & ClojureScript and this is exactly the kind of little project I was looking for as a teaching example to read and reason about. Thanks for sharing it!

1 Like

Hi Benjamin. Thank you for the kind words. I have been meaning to publish an accompanying tutorial about this for some time. I finally got around to it it today. Hopefully it can accelerate some peopleโ€™s learning https://briangorman.io/posts-output/2018-3-4-chatroom/ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.