Data-Oriented programming by Yehonathan Sharvit

Data-Oriented programming is a new book from Manning Publications that has just entered MEAP with only three chapters ready.

There are three main principles behind this book:

1. it is language agnostic (applicable Ocaml, Java, C#, JavaScript, Ruby, Python, Clojure…)

2. it is practically oriented

3. it is fun to read

You may find additional information about the book and its content in the freely available chapters. Get 50% off with the discount code mlsharvit2 valid through February 14.

Clojure has been a source of inspiration for the book. In a sense, this book reveals to the global community of developers the secret sauce that makes Clojure systems simpler.

5 Likes

Looking forward to having a look at the book and sharing with my colleagues. I stumbled upon the book at the Manning site, and said to myself “That sure sounds like a book about how to apply great ideas from Clojure to work in other programming languages.” I certainly have found a new outlook at programming is a significant result of learning Clojure. Having a book such as yours to help me make that case to other people would be valuable in itself. That being said, I am sure I would benefit from reading the book.

1 Like

I hope you will enjoy reading the book as much as I am enjoying writing it.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.