(edit: clarified the assumed background)
This meeting is organized by a Clojure community, but we will not assume knowledge of Clojure.
As a preparation for the coming ds4clj course, we will meet to learn a bit about the R language for statistical computing.
- knowledge of programming in some language (or beginner knowledge in R)
- interest in data analysis
The meeting will be 90 minutes long.
Some of us may wish to stay and chat afterwards.
We will read selected parts of the R4DS book, in a very hands-on fashion.
One of us will share the screen and demonstrate those parts on their environment.
Participants are encouraged to follow along on their environments.
Please install R on your machine, and make sure you can use it from some editor or IDE.
- We will use Zoom for the video call.
- We will use the #ds4clj stream of the Clojurians Zulip for chat, see the prep meeting: studying R and Tidyverse topic thread.
- Please use that topic thread to reach out if you need any help in preparing for the session.
Zoom link: Launch Meeting - Zoom
The meeting will be recorded and shared internally in the Clojurians Zulip.
Please use the
Going button at the top of this post to mark your participation.
You can also use the
Add to Calendar to add the event to your calendar.