Big Takeaways from the survey so far. Which you should all be able to see
- We have a good mix of experience levels which is great.
- We have too many people and too many time zones for one group.
- Everyone’s expectations in terms of what they want to learn are roughly the same, which is good.
It seems most people are clustered closely around UTC+5 (Eastern) with around 9 ppl and UTC with about 7 ppl.
I’m going to set up two google groups (for each timezone) with Google two calendars and set the first meeting dates for next weekend. As most people preferred email i’ll be sending this information out via email as well.
If something feels off with this plan let me know and will adjust.
On the technical side, i learned that
- google forms dont behave quite like i expected.
- I should have come up with a more specific format for timezones
- It would have more consistent to say intermediate instead of junior