Emacs Cider startup problems: Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resolve var: cider.nrepl/wrap-apropos

Hi all. I’m trying to get familiar with Emacs for Clojure development, and I’m running into some trouble starting cider.

On cider-jack-in, after an impressively long time of waiting for something to happen, I get a long stack trace with the interesting message “Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resolve var: cider.nrepl/wrap-apropos in this context”.

I first got that with a deps.edn project, and I read somewhere that changing the clj to clojure would solve that problem. So I did, and it did.

But now I’m in a lein project, and I don’t know how to fix it.

I did find a discussion on Github about this, but it wasn’t clear what the solution is (other than updating Cider… but I think I’m on the latest version).

Suggestions?

I made two changes at once, so I can’t say with certainty which (or if the combination) fixed it.

1. switched from melpa stable to melpa
  2. updated all packages in Emacs

Regarding #2, I would have assumed that with a fresh install, the packages Emacs would have downloaded would have been the current ones.

In any case, the problem is now gone.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.