Hello, fellow Clojurians!
I normally use Linux, and I feel very much at home with Clojure. But I’m working with people who aren’t used to environments other than Windows, and we’re trying to collaborate on software I’ve written. And I feel slightly lost. CLJ doesn’t (currently) support Windows, and without the normal command line, Emacs feels different. So I’d like to hear about other’s experience!
- Do you find Clojure development limited on Windows?
- Do you use a linux-like environment (Msys, Linux Subsystem for Windows [WSL], …)?
- What editor do you prefer on Windows? Do you have a different preference on Windows compared to on Linux / Mac?
- What build tooling do you use? Leiningen in a normal shell, or CLJ through WSL?
- See TDEPS-67 for status on CLJ for Windows.
- Do you use PowerShell / CMD, and in a custom terminal emulator (ConEMU etc.)?
Please share your thoughts!
P.S. There have been some previous threads on Windows tooling for Clojure. I’m summarizing relevant threads I’ve found for reference. I’m asking again because there’s been some development in recent times:
clj gaining traction, Calva for VS code. I’m especially curious about subjective judgement; what people prefer, and what people consider to be reasonable options.