Introducing Myself

Hello. My name is Stephen McConnell
I began programming in 1972 with FORTRAN IV in University. I learned COBOL, 4004 Assembler, 8080 Assembler, 6502 Assembler and Honeywell 80-80 Assembler. I have also programed in JOVIAL (Jules Own Version of Algol), Pascal, C/C++, Visual Basic, AS/400 RPG, Java (back in 1997) and a host of other languages for fun and for one-off projects. Went to grad school for Computational Chemistry for a couple of years from 1995 to 1997, but got itchy to work again so when I learned Java you could get a job if you could SPELL Java… So, I went back to work as a programmer.

I finally retired two years ago and after playing guitar in restaurants and bars for a couple of years, COVID hit. I’ve been catching up on Java (it was 7 when I retired, but is not 12 or so). Got bored with Java and am very interested in Clojure having always wanted to learn a Lisp.

I currently live in Villa Rica, Georgia about 30 miles west of Atlanta Ga.

I’ve been working with Clojure for a month and find it beautiful as I thought it would be. Looking forward to learning more and communing with others in Clojure. And maybe at 70, getting back into the work force.

15 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.