London Clojurians talk links

There are frequently posts made here advertising the London Clojurians presentations. The posts always say…

[Connection details will be shared 1h before the start time]

…but that doesn’t seem to be the case: only a link to Meetup(.com) is available. On the off chance that @BrunoBonacci or another of the London Clojurians staff is reading this, please could you include the meeting URL directly in the Clojureverse post? Thanks!

Hi @seabass,

In order to attend the live event you need to RSVP at the event on Meetup.com.
The link to the live event is then visible to those who have RSVP’d and they will also receive an email 1h prior to the start of the event.

I hope this is clearer.

Bruno

Thank you for explaining, @BrunoBonacci. Might there be another way to register attendance without submitting PII (personally identifiable information) to Meetup?

You can always use dummy data during the registration.
Meetup is a good platform in this respect because they don’t pass on the member’s details to the event organisers. So if you follow 20 groups, your details will be only with Meetup and not with the 20 groups. You can join and leave groups when you want without each group having the possibility to retain your details.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I trust you and the other London Clojurians staff to remove PII on request much more than I trust Meetup Inc. to do the same :slight_smile:

Again, thank you for responding.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.