Next.jdbc 1.0.0 release candidate 1

Yesterday I released the first Release Candidate for seancorfield/next.jdbc 1.0.0 (1.0.0-rc1). See my blog post about RC 1.

This fixes a reflection warning from get-connection as well as adding more flexibility to row/result set builders:

• A new namespace next.jdbc.optional has been added, containing map result set builders that omit keys corresponding to database columns that have a NULL value. These are drop-in replacements for the default map result set builders (in next.jdbc.result-set) that address the issue of SQL NULL, s/nilable, and Optionality.
  • Several new result set builders (and a new variant of get-column-names) have also been added, which accept new options :label-fn and :qualifier-fn – mirroring :column-fn and :table-fn in next.jdbc.sql – so you can easily provide your own naming strategies (an upgrade on clojure.java.jdbc's :identifiers and :qualifier options). Note: for performance reasons, the default builders do not pay attention to these new options.

I’m also working on improving the Migration from clojure.java.jdbc documentation (it’s a few commits ahead of the 1.0.0-rc1 documentation).

4 Likes