Following a few recent suggestions, we are organizing a study meeting about NLP, possibly a first on a series.
This event is related to the upcoming ds4clj course – it is part of our exploration of topics that may later become part of the course.
- The first half should be useful for a general curious audience with a programming background.
- The second half should be useful for curious Clojure developers.
- 1st hour – general audience:
- Basic intro to linguistics
- NLP in Python with spaCy
- 2nd hour – Clojure audience:
- Using Python & spaCy from Clojure through Libpython-clj
However, in this session we will focus on spaCy, for a few reasons:
- We want to make half of the session friendly to our friends of diverse tech backgrounds.
- Beginning with a Python example and then wrapping with Libpython-clj is a convenient path from a Python-friendly session to the joy of Clojure.
- spaCy, with its declarative nature, is a good example of where Clojure’s data-oriented programming can make things joyful.
- Personally, I have recently started feeling comfortable with it.
@kiramclean – a software engineer and the author+organizer of the coming Clojure data cookbook project
- Dimid Duchovny – a data scientist & software developer with a background in Linguistics & NLP, among other things
- Daniel Slutsky (@daslu) – a general data scientist & Clojurian
The official part will be 120 minutes long, with a short break in the middle.
Sometimes some of us like to stay longer and chat.
- We will use Zoom for the video call.
- We will use the #ds4clj Zulip stream (see the nlp session 1, 2022-09-10 topic thread)
Zoom link: Launch Meeting - Zoom
Most of the meeting will be recorded and shared publicly.
We will possibly share the recording publicly.
Please use the
Going button at the top of this post to mark your participation.
You can also use the
Add to Calendar to add the event to your calendar.