Potential issues with non-EPL libraries

Hi everyone,

recently I’m writing a library in ClojureScript where I’m using the glögi library for logging. However, I noticed that it is licensed under Mozilla Public License 2.0 while Clojure/ClojureScript (and most other Google Closure wrappers like cljs-http) are EPL-licensed (Eclipse Public License).

My questions are:

1. Can my library be released under EPL? It will refer to MPL-licensed glögi as a dependency.
  2. At some point I’d like to create an application for Android where I use my library from point 1. This time, the binary for Android will contain code of the MPL-licensed glögi. Can I release such application under EPL as well?

Any help appreciated. I ​​don’t have much experience with open source licensing and I don’t want to put users of my library in a situation where there is a problem with choosing an open source license for the target project.

Thanks!
Piotr

You can use EPL-2.0 - it contains a clause that makes it ok to include dependencies that might be incompatible, I believe it’s called “class path exclusion” that used to be added to EPL-1.0

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.