I’m planning to do some work to refresh the Scicloj website, with an up-to-date collection of info pages and a series of blog posts.
Info pages and blog posts are somewhat complementary:
- information pages are mutable, and try fact-based (or at least consensus-based), and always true and up-to-date
- a blog is mostly immutable (except for minor corrections/updates) and can offer an opinionated analysis by specific authors at a specific point in time
For example, see these info pages:
and see this great post by Alan Marazzi, that actually had two immutable versions, each offering an analysis for its time:
During the last year, I often found it more useful to write posts at Clojureverse, as that allowed them to contain a discussion. I think it makes sense to copy some of those posts and contain them on the Scicloj website.
For example, this recent one: https://clojureverse.org/t/visual-tools-meetings-please-comment/
- Do you have any thoughts about that?
- Do you have any old posts you’ve written elsewhere, that you’d like to add to the Scicloj website?
- Would you like to add some future posts that you hope to write?
- Would you like to co-author a post if you find somebody to collaborate with?