Spaceflight-programs and software-projects

alright, so… because of the 50 year anniversary of the apollo 11 adventure, i became somewhat interested in the matter of spaceflight. so for example i took the fam to the DLR open day in oberpfaffenhofen… also… i would listen to the FANTASTIC!!! radio program “From the Earth to the Moon” ( … your thinking jules verne, right?.. but no! :slight_smile: … ) …by the italian astronaut umberto guidoni.

…iiiin any case,… all of this got me wondering about… if there are sometimes perhaps similarities between… lets say the apollo-project and many software-projects… in that delivering results ASAP is what is deemed important above all else… which leads to quick-and-dirty solutions… that are not sustainable over the long run… i mean the last two people to do an actual moonwalk were cernan and schmitt from apollo 17 in 1972…

…hmmm… alright… so… here comes the real question for you :-)… are we to judge the apollo-type project a success or a failure?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.