Titanoboa - feedback needed! Are you using it? What would you like to see in the next release?

Hi folks!
before I jump the gun and decide what to put on the roadmap for the next Titanoboa releases, I thought I would like to hear from people who are using it:

• do you use it? What do you use it for?
  • what do you like? What you don’t like?
  • what is missing? What would you like to see in the next release(s)?
  • or maybe you considered it but eventually decided not to use it because … ?

All and any feedback is appreciated! Comment either here or in related github issue.

Also, if you don’t know Titanoboa, feel free to check it out: here is its brand new demo.

I think Titanoboa is a very powerful piece of software, but it has a marketing problem:
It tries to do all the different things you can do with distributed computing.
That makes it a difficult market fit. There’s no focus on what Titanoboa should be used for.
You are providing a platform and that is hard to market and sell.

Adding a stack like Titanoboa is a risky undertaking. Think of ways to lower that risk and you will see more adoption, like provide solution templates, as you started doing in your blog posts.

As it stands right now, since it feels it is a bit unfocused and/or doesn’t provide solutions (just a platform), it has significant barriers to overcome.

Just my .2 wearing my CTO hat :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Jochen, that is a good point and basically it is one of the reasons I am trying to get a feedback on popular usage/use cases. I originally started building Titanoboa to address integration automation for a niche CCM industry, but realized it was so versatile it could handle lots of different use cases. So now I am facing the chicken/egg problem: trying to pick the other use cases I will focus on more while making sure these are the ones that have the best market fit. I.e. which templates and solutions to focus on first and that make most sense…

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.