Trunk: A language learning application built with CLJS

Hi there!

A couple weeks ago I asked for some help using sqlite with callbacks in Clojurescript. I got quite a bit of help, which was just lovely. Anyway, I wanted to share what I was working on:

Trunk is a desktop application built with electron and cljs for helping one improve their reading comprehension in a new language. It’s similar to programs like LWT and FLTR; however, I wanted to build something for myself that would be a bit easier to use and customized to my liking.

I’d like to build without electron, but it’s also the best option for me (and it also enables hackily embedding a pseudo-iframe of google translate…which is great…so long as Google doesn’t change their mobile layout of google translate too much… :upside_down_face: ).

In the future I may implement something like Anki for studying, but for now I’m happy to have reached this point and will probably take a break to work on some other projects for now.

Thanks for reading!

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.