Warehouse/Workshop Model (update: The Pure Function Pipeline Data Flow)

Warehouse/Workshop Model (update: The Pure Function Pipeline Data Flow)

1 Like

I’ve read your PurefunctionPipelineDataflow blog, and found some of your ideas and approaches unorthodox and interesting, your use of “,” in threading macros is particularly cool, I think.

Although, I think you need more code and examples to clearly illustrate what you mean, sometimes it’s hard to understand your metaphors without clear example.

1 Like

Similar to The most valuable chapter of “Code Complete”----Chapter 2 Metaphors for a Richer Understanding of Software Development, I tend to inspire readers to discover useful patterns from life, work and personal interests, which are then used as solutions for development, rather than to apply mechanically other people’s cases.

In this way there will be endless cases, there will always be endless ways to solve the problem. This is "Tao ".

1 Like

In my opinion, stopping on metaphors level only is a huge opportunity loss for demonstrating approach and ideas. Metaphors are useful when they are applied, and it’s not the same as “mechanically applying other cases”.

But, of course, it’s your choice, I only made a suggestion.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice,I spend my spare time developing a financial analysis expert system. Although my writing time is very limited, but I will gradually improve it. compared to the content when I first set up the blog, it has been rich and improved a lot.

1 Like

To make it easier for programmers to understand, using a computer system as a metaphor, the system uses memory as the core, not the CPU.

• Warehouse: Memory
  • Workshop: CPU, GPU, Sound Card, etc
  • Acceptance Check: Motherboard with Standardized Interface(PCI, SATA, USB, etc.)
  • External Standardized Data: Hard Disk, Flash Disk,etc.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.