Who wants to join a cool open source project?

At Scicloj, a community for building a Clojure stack of libraries for data science, we currently have a few ongoing and planned open-source projects in Clojure and Clojurescript.

The current focus is mainly on data wrangling, data visualization, and tooling, so I believe many Clojurians would find some parts of this interesting and useful.

We like to think as a group and support each other, usually at the Clojurians Zulip and in small meetings. This allows for a sense of relevance in what we do, which is verified by continuous conversation and experimentation. This matters so much, with all the doubts and uncertainties which are part of building something new.

Personally, my first serious open-source experiences have been at the Scicloj community, and I appreciate so much the support I’ve received from some of the more experienced library authors involved in this community.

Soon a more informative post will shed more light on the current challenges.

In the meantime, if anybody wants to try being part of this, let us talk. I’ll be happy to chat and tell more. :blush:

7 Likes

I’m interested in some open source clojure stuff if pretty low commitment to get started. Looking forward to more info.

@Jmasci wonderful.

Low commitment is just fine, but if you hope to create something, then I think you’ll find that it is necessary to free a decent amount of time. At least that is our usual experience regarding getting started with open source.

Anyway, I am happy to chat and hear what you might be interested in. Would you like to write to me privately and maybe set a call to think about it?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.