Clojure events calendar-feed

With the amount of remote Clojure events being organized these days, I thought it would be helpful to have a calendar-feed.

It’s based on topics from the Zulip events-stream - so head over there to discuss events or announce your own.

Enjoy!

PS for those unfamiliar with Clojurians-Zulip: it’s a Slack-alternative for the Clojure community announced 2 years ago. It has a thriving community, it actually persists messages :slight_smile: and (hence) has a searchable Slack-archive.

13 Likes

I love this!

Pretty useful!

…and for organizers that want to add their event to the feed, there’s now a CLI: https://gitlab.com/clojurians-zulip/feeds/-/tree/master#announce-an-event

@eval this helps so much!

I like the idea of a calendar of events.
I tried the CLI tool but I can’t create an API key, since i’ve signed up in Zulip using my Google account, I never set a password and Zulip is asking for one in order to generate an API key. This is obviously a bug in Zulip, not with your tool. I don’t use Zulip normally, far too many chat systems.

I guess what I want to say is that the idea of the shared calendar is good, but Zulip isn’t.
Maybe it would be simple/better having a shared Google calendar or a simple WebForm to add the events.

What would really be useful for events manager is Web form to add the details of the event
and the web form posting/advertising the event in all the community platforms: Slack, Twitter, Clojureverse.com, reddit.com, Zulip etc etc

I haven’t tried the CLI yet, but posting at the Zulip #events stream seems to work quite well (even correcting the feed when event details change).

Till one builds the perfect system, the Zulip web API may be considered as a decent (markdown-friendly) web form (I think). This way has the benefit of seeing other people’s posts, so that we can hopefully converge to some common style.

Since we are planning lots of sessions for the coming weeks (mainly weekends), the calendar feed is practically saving us from conflicting with other events. :blush:

1 Like

since i’ve signed up in Zulip using my Google account, I never set a password and Zulip is asking for one in order to generate an API key.

Perhaps you missed the set-password link in the Show API key modal. The password reset doubles as ‘set a password’ for those signed up using 3rd parties.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.