Introduce yourself!

introductions

Hello,
my name is Sophia.
I am teaching myself computer programming and web development with the help of books, courses, etc.
I tried Javascript first with FreeCodeCamp but I find the language sorely lacking.

After a while I stumbled over “How to Design Programs” which uses Racket. I really liked the systematic approach, something which is hard to teach and what most online courses fail to do.

From Racket, I went to Clojure because I wanted something more practical.

I would like to switch careers to becoming a web developer but I’m afraid that it’s more difficult with Clojure than with a more popular language. That’s why I also dabble in Python and Javascript while trying to distill it all down to the fundamentals of program design.

Rashawn, living in Beijing China. Start learning clojure only several months ago. Emacs brings me to lisp and lisp brings me to clojure. I mainly work on 3D stuff in frontend, mostly WEBGL and javascript.

I’m also working on a personal project called GokuRakuJoudo, which enables user to config the macOS key binding software karabiner with edn file instead of json file. I suppose there’s a lot wrong use case and patterns in the project. And I’ll keep learning and polish the project.

Seeing some of clojure versers got the chance to write clojure in their company, that’s my dream!