Hi, my name is Simon. I work as an online tutor for high school students.
Long long time ago, I had used Emacs a lot in Sun workstation. I even coded Bayesian analysis with XLisp-Stat once. The experiences I got there were satisfying. Then later I switched to C++ and Matlab and Windows system for that was what my job then required. C++ codes I wrote were in objects, and they gave me a very nasty surprise. In short, it didn’t converge when it was supposed to be so. After I stripped a simple array out of its object, the math simulation converged in a normal manner.
Recently I am trying to learn Clojure for two goals in mind. The first one is to download financial data and to analyze them. The second one is to do text parsing and linguistic analysis. I tried Python, which had allowed me to start pretty quickly. However, I could not like the appearance of its codes.
Most of my Emacs and Lisp experiences had rusted away. The big overhead of Lein setup had not helped me with much ease of beginning. Anyway, at this moment the REPL and cider-mode have been set up. Hopefully, the road from here down would be less bumpy.
Glad to be in this community.